4/10- Meeting: 6:30 - 9 PM @ BACC / The Docks
4/17 - No Meeting - Online
4/24 - Meeting: 6:30 - 9 PM @ BACC / The Docks
5/1 - No Meeting - Online
Godly leaders understand God’s mission and see themselves as an integral part of the work of God’s kingdom here on earth. This course will focus on the Great Commission and the Great Commandment as it applies to the church at large, as well as individually, learning the heart of God for the nations, and learning sills to share your faith.
To view, click one of the buttons above to quick jump to a specific week or continue scrolling.
Week One: faith and commitment
complete before next class on 4/10
- This is a global missions book, so when reading, you must think more globally than locally. While we'll eventually get to the local implementation of this, keep your mind open to the more broad and strategic strokes the first few chapters paint.
- "Patrick" and Chapters 1, 2 from Movements That Change the World
- Answer the following questions and bring them with you to class on 4/10"
- Reflecting on the "Patrick" chapter, what about his life inspires you? Surprises you? What can you emulate from his life today?
- Reflecting on Chapter 1, what role does faith play in fueling missionary movements? One a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your faith in this current season? How might God be growing you personally?
- Reflecting on Chapter 2, how can one remain committed to a cause when in tension with the world? How can you, as a leader, cultivate commitment? What are some of the things you can do?
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS WEEK
CLASS ON 4/17 @ 6:30 PM in the docks
We rescheduled last week's meeting. The assignments above are still due.
complete by next class
Read: Chapters 3, 4, 5 and Conclusion from Movements That Change the World